Building / Step-by-Step Guide / Required Documents / Expenses
At some point during this process you will be asked for some or all of the following documents. It is therefore a good idea to have them ready:
- Identity Document,
- your marriage certificate (if applicable),
- copy of your ante-nuptial contract (if applicable),
- proof of income,
- statement of assets and liabilities,
- statement of income and expenditure,
To satisfy the needs of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA), you may also be asked to produce the following:
- verification of your Income Tax number and
- a statement, account or document to verify your address.
In terms of the building process the following will be required:
- a signed building contract with a Standard Home Builder's Warranty attached,
- architecture's drawing,
- schedule showing the start and finishing dates,
- registration certificate with the National Home Builders Registration Council,
- approval of the plans by the relevant municipality,
- electrical certificate and
- letter of satisfaction.
There are more forms required and the requirements might differ from bank to bank. Some of these are only required later or only right at the end of the building process.