Buying / Step-by-Step Guide / Types of Properties / Checklist / Estate Agents / Expenses / Required Documents
At some point during this process you will be asked for some or all of the following documents. It is therefore a good idea to have them ready:
- Identity Document,
- your marriage certificate (if applicable),
- copy of your ante-nuptial contract (if applicable),
- proof of income,
- statement of assets and liabilities,
- statement of income and expenditure,
If you are self-employed you will also be asked for the following:
- proof of your gross profit and earnings for the past year,
- financial spreadsheets showing your income and expenditure over the past year,
- three months bank statements for your business as well as personal accounts.
To satisfy the needs of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA), you may also be asked to produce the following:
- verification of your Income Tax number and
- a statement, account or document to verify your address.